Now that my book has been out for over a month, it seems like a good time to reflect on how things have changed (or not changed) now that I’m officially an author.
The past few weeks have been filled with such amazing things: seeing my book on shelves, doing events, meeting young readers, making a million origami frogs. I’ve definitely had moments when I’ve thought: “Is this really my life?”
But the truth is, that new part of my life is probably only about 10% of it. The other 90% is still exactly like it was before: writing, teaching, walking the dog, avoiding cleaning the house, etc etc etc. Most of the time things don’t feel all that different at all. It’s been an odd balance, and I’m still getting used to it.
After all those months (years, really) of anticipating having a book out in the world, I almost expected to feel like a different person once the book was published. While doing events and things has forced me to become a little bit more self-confident, ultimately, I still feel like the same old Anna. And you know what? I think that’s probably a good thing.
And now, because it’s Friday, it’s time for a funny animal picture. Behold, alien dogs:
Have a great weekend, everyone!