I just got back last night from my writing retreat/Canadian vacation. I had a fantastic time at both, and I’ll be sure to recap them more thoroughly next week. For now, here are five tidbits about my trip:
1. If you put a group of introverted writers together, suddenly they become a loud, boisterous pack. I feel like all I did was laugh and talk shop for four days: it was fantastic.
2. As I predicted, I received line edits for UnFairy Book 2 right in the middle of my vacation. Luckily, I had a long wait at the airport, so I was able to get them done. Next step: copy edits. (How is this book almost done???)
3. People in Canada are amazingly friendly, to the point where I was sometimes a little creeped out. What does this say about my own friendliness level?
4. Mountains and water and castles, oh my! I took about a million pictures during my trip. I’ll be sure to post some soon!
5. It appears that everyone in Canada owns at least one dog, so as Husband Ray and I wandered around Vancouver and Victoria, he had to listen to me coo every two seconds and talk about how much I missed our own Emma Dog. Luckily, he didn’t seem to mind too much.
Have a great weekend!