So many things to report, so let’s dive in.
1. The first blurb for THE DIRT DIARY is in!
“This well-paced, realistic story is sweet, sensitive, and delicious! Rachel Lee is a believable and relatable character, and readers will see themselves reflected in every scene. Anna Staniszewski’s vivid writing pops off the page–she’s created a delectable story with a protagonist to root for and problems to agonize over. I laughed at Rachel’s antics, worried when she got in trouble, and wish she could make me some brownies!”–Erin Dionne, author of NOTES FROM AN ACCIDENTAL BAND GEEK and THE TOTAL TRAGEDY OF A GIRL NAMED HAMLET
2. Also, I should be getting ARCs of THE DIRT DIARY in the mail any day now, so I’ll be sharing pictures soon.
3. Speaking of The Dirt Diary series, the sequel now has a title and a release date! The second book will be called THE PRANK LIST and will be out in July 2014.
4. Yesterday was a busy, awesome day. My friend Heather Kelly has an adorable daughter who did a project on a “famous author” which included painting a picture of the person and dressing up like him/her. Can you spot the real Anna Staniszewski?
5. Finally, I did an event at B&N in Burlington, Mass. last night and got to meet some great young readers. Here’s a photo of the event (courtesy of Papa J Funk):
Okay, now that I’ve crowed about a bunch of things, I’m crawling back into the grading/writing cave.
What’s new with all of you?